monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: That diesel bunny.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Well, the turbo will have to wait, I bought me a set of these :

With that said though...any suggestions to tinker with the injector pump?

I'm well beyond the break-in period now and have been pushing the bunny a little harder.
    Something seems amiss though as it will do about 60/65 mph MAX with the foot down to the floor. Even a 1.5 with a blown head gasket did better than that.

This morning it wouldn't start, it was acting like there was air in the system but I didn't see any air bubbles in the line. After about 10 minutes of cycling the glow plugs and turning the engine over, it finally caught. It didn't spew any smoke though.

if I get Tyler his timing tools back, he can help you advance the timing
    you could up the fueling and back off the WOT stop for some more power
    I'd honestly wait though until the turbo is on or you might need to retune it

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    While I shampooed the interior today I found that the insulation and carpet behind the accelerator pedal is kind of pushed up. Not sure but I'm thinking it might prevent me from pushing the pedal all the way down. Could be part of the problem. Does anyone have a spare one of those big "knobs" that the diesels have screwed down into the floor?

In any case, I'm getting ready for Pacific Waterland.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    looking good!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I *may* have one of those Izzy, I'll take a look in my parts stash this week.
    -Tyler-

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    the throttle stop is not diesel specific, all of them have it.

after I adjusted the WOT stop, I had to take the throttle stop out completely to get full swing. I might have a couple in boxes.
    looking forward to seeing this car at waterlands!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    the throttle stop is not diesel specific, all of them have it.
    Good point. I forgot about that. This means I need to buy more volkswagens again. I'm slacking with only 1.

And thank you all for being so helpful!!

This Rabbit needs a nice set of 15" Fitties. I just happen to know a guy....
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Quote: Originally Posted by Twelvizm View Post
    This Rabbit needs a nice set of 15" Fitties. I just happen to know a guy....
    Why did I not see that?

Live and learn. Those would be perfect with white centers and a polished lip.

The bunny now also has H4 headlights...finally.

Last time I went to Oregon, I almost hit a deer, 4 different times!! This prompted me to drive about 30mph and put the H4's on the "must have" list.

Now I can see! Yay!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    How are you sure it was the same deer?
    -Tyler-

Normal Member dub boy will become famous soon enough dub boy's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    This guy......

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    Sorry. Structuring sentences in English isn't my strong point But sadly I don't feel I'm fluent in German any longer.

At least this isn't the vortex or you'd tell me to die in a fire.

see you on Sunday!
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

So I sold 2 motors today. Got a third of my investment back. I'll take it with a smile.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Good deal. Now time to buy more parts...

... like a turbo..

if only "buying a turbo" was all you had to do to turbo a car
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

turbo, manifolds, pump, dp, done.

I'm looking.

do a k14 or if you wanna go big get a k24. these are the easiest to work with and easy to find parts for.

ill have some spare bits soon you can use for the initial build if you want them [used boost hose, intake tube and that CAI setup as well as some PCV parts] to help things along.

if you get the complete setup with the big iron toilet bowl manifold, it will clamp right up to the stock nonturbo toilet bowl downpipe. nifty eh?
    Last edited by ducatipaso; 2012.10.02 at 20:18 PM.

K24. Do it! Also, TT makes a DP that bolts right up and eliminates the restrictive toilet bowl. 2.5" and no less.. Too bad they dont make a 3"

+ Reply to Thread