Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast

Thread: That diesel bunny.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    What year are those lights? check the little round circle jobbie. Also, PICS OF BUMPERS!!

Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    Sorry, this is all I have so far :

The optical clarity of NOS tails never seizes to amaze me. Or in other words, boy, does plastic fade over the years!!
    yeah this is pretty high up the list for my truck. those look nice.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    What year are those lights? check the little round circle jobbie. Also, PICS OF BUMPERS!!
    Looks like the drivers side was made in 1999, the passenger side in 1990. Good thing they were stored away from sunlight.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Picture time :

You can see it's sitting about half an inch too low :

Nice new taillight though :

And a PNWFahren sticker!

The front, you can tell the bumper is sitting a little slanted :

A new face!

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Ehrmagehrd!!! Looks good. I assume the adjustment on the front bumper can be made rather easily? I like the color matched turns.

making that car look good
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Looks great.

i love the look but those bumpers make the euro plastics seem downright stout!

They are actually stronger than the plastic ones. The wall thickness on the metal is thicker. Looks can be deceiving

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    They are actually stronger than the plastic ones. The wall thickness on the metal is thicker. Looks can be deceiving
    I can vouch for that, the plastic ones are downright flimsy!

Thanks everyone for the sweet comments!

Now to make this thing a GTD...

Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    Now to make this thing a GTD...
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

GTD will require some stuff get to it!

Working on it

Which throttle cable would be the shortest?

N/A Diesel, 8v or 16v?

Looking for a shorter one.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    I think the 16v is the shortest. But if you want a n/a diesel cable, I can give you one in two weeks
    -Tyler-

8v/16v for a MKII is shortest. Might be too short though. 766mm in length.

Yeah, 35 to 40mm shorter than the factory 1.5/1.6 diesel one would be perfect I think.

read the ad carefully. if you want, I can go pick it up. lowball the guy.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/3408164021.html

Bummer. Listing has been deleted.

dude had aaz turbo everythings.. except pump

Darn, you have to be fast, thanks for posting the link though!

yup. ill keep looking.

Thanks!

Not too much of an update today. I now have window squirters and fixed the drivers door lock.
    I have a shorter throttle cable now too, cable now has some tension on it at zero throttle. That should help the slowness a little I hope.

I do need to take some pictures of the interior, looks much better beige.

+ Reply to Thread