Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 25 ... LastLast

Thread: That diesel bunny.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Well, you are running a 1.5l pump on a 1.9l engine Good to hear he tweaked it. There is much more power available as well...

how many miles have you put on this engine?

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Nice!

I bought a MANN provent 200 that I don't have the room for in my bay. If you're interested in what is probably one of the best air/oil separator setups for a turbodiesel, I'll make you a deal. It's unused.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    Well, you are running a 1.5l pump on a 1.9l engine Good to hear he tweaked it. There is much more power available as well...

how many miles have you put on this engine?
    It's tough to say since the odometer doesn't really work. I would say it's creeping towards 9000 miles.
    Which reminds me, there must be a "fix" for the lazy odometer? Anyone have a DIY for that?

I learned the hard way this lesson. The diameter of the 1.6D PCV line is too small for the 1.9. The smaller diameter increases the air velocity which in turn pulls the oil further up the PCV than you want.

I'll sketch a diagram for you.

I might still have the printout from ETK too that shows everything. I'll dig around for it.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Thanks! My pancake only has one outlet.

In this picture you can see the current routing, from the block and the pancake into a tee and in to the intake manifold :

yeah what's happening is that the crankcase blowby is creeping up the tube. this is what happened when I switched mine over to the 1.6D setup in an attempt to simplify things. I know that this is what happens because I used clear tubing so I could see what's up.

here's the pics I promised

Thank you for the pictures!
    So perhaps if I buy the different valve and plumb it as shown, I won't have the blow by issue. It shouldn't make any difference turbo or not.

According to Vagcat I would need :

Breather hose # 028103491J
    Breather valve # 028129101D

With some extra rubber hose and some clamps.
    Last edited by Iroczgirl; 2012.11.30 at 20:27 PM.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Yeah, that way will help. Best plan. Although the throttle cable still looks too tight

^^klmgsoim q€ olsgio+#$&% To you too!

Quote: Originally Posted by nhathongminhhiendai View Post
    Thi công nh* thông minh

Thi?t k? n?i th?t chuyên nghi?p

Thi?t k? n?i th?t mi?n ph* cho h?p d?ng thi công, xây d?ng

M?i chi ti?t xin liên h?: Mr Nhã 0916930381

Chuyên cung c?p máy fax các lo?i
    is gay. that is all.

Lol!

Sweet! I must be popular if my thread got trolled.

So the bunny won't start today and I have no idea why. It was running just fine last night.

It has fuel. There is power at the stop solenoid when the ignition is on. I wired the glow plugs directly to the battery.

I can't check the timing because all my tools are in Oregon.

Please help!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    loosen one or two injector lines (at the injector) to see if fuel is indeed making it all the way through
    -Tyler-

No fuel at the injectors.

plugged fuel filter? plugges pick up screen in the tank? Do you have access to a vacuum gauge?

Ok, this is what I've done today :

- checked to make sure the timing belt is intact (it is)
    - checked the glow plug circuit (it's actually working)
    - cut the stop solenoid exciter wire back and put a new end on it (seems to be getting a good 12v, test light is bright)
    - cracked the injector lines open, no fuel.
    - removed the fuel return line from the pump, cranked it over, no fuel coming out there either.
    - removed the fuel filter, it was full of clear fuel, drained it completely, filled with power service diesel additive.

So I put the old filter back on since I don't have a new one laying around. Made sure the clear line going to the pump was emptied out too.

Crank it over (and over), it's not pulling any fuel up. So it must be safe to assume there is a blockage somewhere? It has over 3/4 of a tank of diesel.

I don't have a vacuum gauge handy.

Put a new fuel filter in it, same result.

It did finally pull all the air out of the line though. So there is fuel.

Bad stop solenoid? What size wrench do you need to remove it? 24mm? I have to see if I can get a ride to buy a wrench somewhere.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    when the solenoid energizes can you hear or feel click?
    -Tyler-

No I cannot. But that doesn't mean it's bad. I've never heard one make a noise in any of the diesels I've had over the years.

24mm or 27mm. cant remember off the top of my head now. If you have a jumper wire, you should be able to jump the solenoid from the battery and hear it click audibly. Sucks you dont have a vacuum gauge to test with as that is really handy.

+ Reply to Thread