Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 24 ... LastLast

Thread: That diesel bunny.

It does look good but how does it shift?
    Gordy S
    MK1 Scirocco x 4

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    It still has a 4 speed sadly. Soon, perhaps next week that will be different.

Installed a new water pump and thermostat this evening. I think I went overboard on the t-stat, bought a 92 degree Celcius.
    The temperature gauge is reading way higher than I like. Top radiator hose feels really hot but I can still grab it though. The
    fan did not come on...
    I wont be able to put a cooler one in until Saturday. Think it will be ok? I'd hate to ruin a 1.5

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    After thinking about it...I doubt the accuracy of the gauge. And I have a feeling there is still air in the system.
    Lets check things in the morning.

Ah, finally! The Rabbit now has a 5 speed!

Thanks for the home made short shift linkage Gordy!!

Shifts like a brand new car.

Hard to imagine I managed to pass a couple of cars on the freeway too.

Nice to have a little extra pep in your step!
    Gordy S
    MK1 Scirocco x 4

Stay tuned. Poor bunny has been out of commission for a while...time to buy some engine gasket and bearing sets.

I think I'm going to stick with a 1.5...I haven't been able to find a 1.6 gas.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Why would you want a gas engine? Just get a 1.6 diesel

Normal Member AlexPirate will become famous soon enough
    I talked to Joe about this car, he said its had problems with the same cylinder on 3 different blocks. I suggested having the fuel pump pressure tested because from what is sounds like it was too lean on that cylinder.
    Looking for VOIP solutions? Contact Me

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    could be an injector as well if it kept getting put in the same hole

Quote: Originally Posted by AlexPirate View Post
    I talked to Joe about this car, he said its had problems with the same cylinder on 3 different blocks. I suggested having the fuel pump pressure tested because from what is sounds like it was too lean on that cylinder.
    That's good info! Thanks.

I was already getting 4 new injectors and now I'm going to have the pump checked out for sure.

Which reminds me, does anyone recommend a shop or person around here to get the pump checked/rebuilt?

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    IIRC there's a diesel shop in Portland that can check it out, don't recall the name though. Joey @ DJM would know.
    -Tyler-

Make sure the injectors are pop tested. IIRC should be around 134BAR. I can rebuild the pump, but I dont have a fancy machine to test it on. Well, I usually have a really fancy machine for testing and it is a car. Tyler is referring to DFIS in Ptown and they knwo IDIs and TDIs pretty well. Seattle injector is local and does lots of IDI stuff which is what you need.

Thanks for the info Chris! I've heard good things about Seattle Injector. Might give them a try, unless you feel you could guarantee your work without having a car handy

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    I've heard good things about Seattle Injector
    That was my stage name back in the day!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    Thanks for the info Chris! I've heard good things about Seattle Injector. Might give them a try, unless you feel you could guarantee your work without having a car handy
    I guarantee everything I do as long as it doesnt involve customer provided parts

Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    That was my stage name back in the day!
    Ahh, that explains all the kids..

I'm planning to pull the old motor next weekend (memorial day), it's ready to come out!

Does anyone have an engine hoist I could borrow?

Thanks!!

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    I do. I'm in Skyway.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    I do i'm not in Skyway.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    You sure you can find it?

Haha!
    It is bright orange and right next to the garage door!
    It is one of the things I push out into the driveway because it has wheels when I need space in there.

ya, mine is all broken down and easy to travel.

Same.
    I got the folder so I could save valuable garage space.

Sweet! Thanks guys, now my next question would be, will either fit in the back of a Mk2 Golf? And could I borrow it for memorial day weekend?

What city are you going to pull the engine because I can deliver it locally.
    You can PM if needed.

+ Reply to Thread