Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: That diesel bunny.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    ohhh, I have always wanted to pull off the 3 spoke. You should totally do it.

the enkeis. hands down.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by buddylove View Post
    ohhh, I have always wanted to pull off the 3 spoke. You should totally do it.
    Yeah, I've never liked the 3 spoke. Now the same thing in 5 spoke on the other hand...

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    And so the saga continues, this thing must be cursed.

Changed the injector lines this morning...and it runs BUT.

It's running on 3 cylinders and is making a LOT of noise, almost like a rod knock. Take a normal running diesel and multiply the ticking noise it makes by 10.

It's also belching grey smoke out of the tailpipe.

I can't look further in to it right now as I have to help a friend buy a new car today. But in any case I'm stuck far from home without a car again

I really have to get this thing on the road so I might pull an all-nighter.

Any tips are greatly appreciated!

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Timing set with the cold start knob pushed in?

Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    So now...who else thinks this bunny should be riding on white Enkei Aeronautics?

(photo "stolen" from the 'tex.)
    This guy. And if not, then you should sell them to me.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Or get some of these:

I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

Well...I'd hate to admit defeat. But in case I can't get this thing running right this weekend.

Does anyone know a good VW diesel mechanic in the Portland area? I really have to get this car back on the road!

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    Joey
    -Tyler-

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    ^^^^ or DFIS

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    Joey
    Joey?

Last edited by Rabbit 16v; 2012.06.20 at 19:34 PM. Reason: i was lazy before, but I made an effort this time.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    yeah, that guy
    -Tyler-

Thanks guys. I hope it doesn't have to come to that. But if I can't get it running right Sunday I'll have to...

Mind you, I've never set the injector pump lift in my life. But I found a nice tutorial online and followed it to the "T". Could be the cheap dial indicator I got on ebay?

And I'm absolutely sure the timing belt is installed correctly, I double checked, quadruple checked all the marks and then turned the engine over by hand at least a dozen times to make sure nothing was hitting.

If I had any diesel knowledge I would gladly give you a hand. Wishing you luck on figuring it out.
    Gordy S
    MK1 Scirocco x 4

Quote: Originally Posted by ydrogs View Post
    If I had any diesel knowledge I would gladly give you a hand. Wishing you luck on figuring it out.
    Thanks Gordy! I've been without a car for too long now. One way or another this thing is getting on the road.

I took the bunny to see Double J Motorwerks. Sadly what I expected is true. It has a rod knock.

So I'm out a bunch of money and back at square one. *sigh*

Anyone have a GOOD diesel laying around? I've gotten so much practice lately I can probably do a full swap in one day.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    That sucks, sorry Anyway to get your money back for the motor? That was a new to you one, right?

Oh man, that sucks. Rod knock in a diesel is super loud. I wish I could offer something, but all I have are cores.

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Sorry to hear. . . .this sucks!

Yeah, I have 3 cores now...guess I better look for a good diesel re-builder.

No chance of getting my money or even some of it back. They're not returning my calls, goes straight to voice mail.

My fault for trying to get this thing back on the road quickly...$980 lesson.

ouch
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Still no word from the people I got that motor from. I've sent them a final email.

If I don't hear back I'm sure going to put the word out on who these 2 are.

Some good news though, the person I bought the bunny from says the extra 1.5 I got from him should be a good motor, not a core. I'll have Joey at Double J check it over and perhaps just install it.

Time is of the essence now as I'm running out of cars to borrow At the same time I'm really running out of money fast.

But who knows, it might actually be back up and running in a week or so. Wouldn't that be nice!

would it be worth it to you to take them to small claims court?

Quote: Originally Posted by buddylove View Post
    would it be worth it to you to take them to small claims court?
    Is that something I can do? I don't have a receipt or anything on the sale. How would this work?

+ Reply to Thread