monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: That diesel bunny.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    not sure, I have never done it. Hopefully someone with more experience in it can chime in.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    Is that something I can do? I don't have a receipt or anything on the sale. How would this work?

Did you pay with cash and get no receipt? Perhaps you can pm me who sold you the bunk motor? I might have some sway..

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    But who knows, it might actually be back up and running in a week or so. Wouldn't that be nice!
    Make sure to put a pnwfahren sticker on it!

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by unimogken View Post
    Make sure to put a pnwfahren sticker on it!
    For sure!

I finally heard back from them, looks like the email did it.
    Wish me luck, they want to hear the motor but perhaps I will be able to recoup some of my money.

good luck!
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Question, has anyone ever dealt with this place?

www.qualitygermanautoparts.com

They seem to have the best prices on diesels.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    I have only had two experiences with them.

1. Customer provided engine and trans from them. 5th gear housing was cracked (not sure if it was a shipping malady or accident malady). I advised the customer to take it up with them for the extra cost that they had to pay for us to provide and install a replacement housing. Also, said engine leaked like a sieve from the valve cover gasket.

2. bought an intermediate shaft for an AAZ. They sent me one for an SDI (not even close to an AAZ). Claimed it was still for an AAZ even though ETKA says its not. I got to pay for shipping to return it.

So that is all the experience I have with them. Take it for what its worth. If you are looking at AAZs or some sort of upgrade, maybe look in Canada as they got those engine and we did not.

At this point I'm looking for a 1.6, preferably rebuilt. That would be the quickest way to get this poor car on the road.

Granted, my trust in individuals I don't know has completely vanished and nobody around here has a 1.6 in stock.
    I've bought from A Parts Place before, but they quoted me $2995 shipped to my door, this "Q G A" would ship me one for $1599.

If anyone wants to hear that poor 1.5, you can do so here : http://youtu.be/NaxP5uayjew

According to the previous owner of said motor, it just needs a new injector pump and the timing tweaked...

do not one point five litre. you will regret it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    do not one point five litre. you will regret it.
    Oh trust me, I already have.

I disliked that video, only because I dislike broken motors.

From what I have heard, Parts Place is worse than QGA. No personal experience on Parts Place though. Get an AAZ. Totally worth it. Plus with some tweaks, its faster than a GTI and gets about 15mpg more.

From what I have heard, Parts Place is worse than QGA. No personal experience on Parts Place though. Get an AAZ. Totally worth it. Plus with some tweaks, its faster than a GTI and gets about 15mpg more.
    I wouldn't buy an AAZ, or any other used motor, unless it was still in a car and I could hear it run.
    They seem to be pretty tough to come by, as in Canadian only...and cost is definitely a factor too.
    Why can't we all live in Europe where they have a dozen in every pick 'n pull?

I need to do something soon, this bunny is supposed to be my daily driver.

QGA has AAZs. The one that we were provided worked well, and pulls hard. He even takes video of them running before he sells them so thats a good thing. Of course that does not really ensure the headgasket, but if its an MLS gasket, I wouldnt really worry about it. A new motor will be hard to come by if you are looking at a 1.6l as they have not been sold new for a very long time.

The EU is awesome and the paranoid and sue happy idiots of the US have made it hard for us to get good cars and engines. Well, also the driving inept..

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    The last couple pages of this thread make me sad!
    I love that bunny and I was tempted to buy it back when it was up for sale.

I hope you can find a suitable engine replacement!

QGA has AAZs. The one that we were provided worked well, and pulls hard. He even takes video of them running before he sells them so thats a good thing. Of course that does not really ensure the headgasket, but if its an MLS gasket, I wouldnt really worry about it. A new motor will be hard to come by if you are looking at a 1.6l as they have not been sold new for a very long time.

The EU is awesome and the paranoid and sue happy idiots of the US have made it hard for us to get good cars and engines. Well, also the driving inept..

You think it might be ok to order from QGA?
    I only managed to find one comment about them on the internet and it was very negative. Combined with your experiences...well.

The last couple pages of this thread make me sad!
    I love that bunny and I was tempted to buy it back when it was up for sale.

I hope you can find a suitable engine replacement!
    I had no idea it used to be yours!

In any case, has anyone heard of these guys?

http://www.vwdieselparts.com/reman.htm

No no it was never mine but I did think of buying it when it was for sale!

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    "buy it back"

poor word usage, Ken!

Blah blah blah...... you and Twelvizm on my arse about my grammar. Hehe

You think it might be ok to order from QGA?
    I only managed to find one comment about them on the internet and it was very negative. Combined with your experiences...well.
    I would say go for it. However, be careful and make sure that he offers a labor guarantee. Also he should pay shipping if he sends you garbage. All in all, he seems like your standard German guy who says what he has and expects you to know it. Possibly also czech..

I had no idea it used to be yours!

In any case, has anyone heard of these guys?

http://www.vwdieselparts.com/reman.htm
    Its been many years, and at that time I said no. Cant say now though.

Thanks Chris. Joey called me yesterday and said he had found a brand new VW 1.9 long block.

Not sure where he's getting it from, a bit over my budget, but that might be the way to go? Build a brand new 1.9 NA?

Yes, and then turbo it

Blah blah blah...... You and Twelvizm on my arse about my grammar. Hehe
    FTFY
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

+ Reply to Thread