Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Thread: That diesel bunny.

Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    Not sure where he's getting it from....
    Here, maybe?

http://eurospecsport.com/
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Yup. He is probably on the dealer list as well as me I think they are blowing out those NA 1.9ls right now. They also still have AAZs last time I talked to them.

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Also, jsut the longblock will run you into some issues. The pump is different, the injectors are different, and the injector lines are different. You can use your pump and injectors though. The lines will not work though. You will need replacement lines if you use the 1.9l longblock.

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Yes, he said he would use my pump and injectors, different lines and also would include a new timing cover.

Ahh yes, forgot the timing belt cover..

everyone probably knows me by now Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl has a spectacular aura about Iroczgirl's Avatar
    Eurospec AAZ conversion kit is on order.

Perhaps no turbo this year but we all know what the tax return might bring

Sorry I havent called Mr. Uninformed yet. Its been crazy busy. FWIW, an AAZ by definition is a turbo motor.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    Sorry I havent called Mr. Uninformed yet. Its been crazy busy. FWIW, an AAZ by definition is a turbo motor.
    That's ok, I have no idea how to get through to that guy.

It's an AAZ long block...just missing the turbo. A 1.9TD, without the 'T' if you will

Hopefully enough power to make it up a hill.

It will certainly make it up a hill add the turbo and it will blow the doors off a GTI while getting 45mpg. You will need proper exhaust for that though. That can come later. An AAZ in a rabbit is pretty fun. Dial up the boost and the pump and the first couple gears are nothing but wheelspin. Still getting 45mpg Plus, you can run it on free fuel This is the awesomeness of diesel. Dont tell anyone though, then everyone will be doing it

Sounds like this is going to be fun! Now I can't wait.

And yes, first thing first, I need a fuel efficient daily driver. The rest can come later.

Think I will see any gain from having a 1.9 NA breathing through a header and techtonics exhaust?

I called him and left a message for you. Lets see if anything comes from it.

Quote: Originally Posted by Rabbit 16v View Post
    I called him and left a message for you. Lets see if anything comes from it.
    Thank you! I doubt anything will but I do really appreciate it.

It was rather terse. Hope it helps in any event.

Yeah, it would help his sake and make things less expensive for my sake.

A day late, but in any case, the bunny is back on the road! Woooooo!

Next on the list, breaking in the new motor.

Then, save up for some wheels, decent suspension and find all the interior bits.

everyone probably knows me by now buddylove is a jewel in the rough buddylove is a jewel in the rough
    Congrats! You should post up some engine shots.

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    awesome!
    -Tyler-

Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    awesome!
    Even better since I finally don't have to borrow everyone's cars.

Thanks go out to the guys at DJM!

Oh, it was a typical VW drive back, shift linkage popped loose and one of the transmission bolts worked it's way out...nothing that wasn't fixable.

glad you were able to get a working motor in.
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

been around the block a few times unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken has a spectacular aura about unimogken's Avatar
    Woo hoo!

Win! Hopefully the scammy Mcscammerson manned up as well. Turbo time well at least when the finances recover. turbo 1.9l IDI is pretty epic in stock form. Modified form is a 2.0l 16V gasser contender with better MPG of course.

Yeah, nothing in the scammer department. That is to be expected. I'm just really glad to have a daily driver again right now. Being a brand new motor the car might actually rust away before it throws a rod.

It is however impossible for me to get home over the speed bumps without scraping the exhaust.

With all the other bills I have piling up the finances will take an eternity to recover, but the one nice thing about money is that I can always work and make some more. I'd say come tax return time it might need a turbo. But then again, I also have a '55 Ford that REALLY needs a "drop 'em & stop 'em" kit!

Good work on that post. opcorn: I might pipe up in there if the douche tries something. it was evident that he had no intention of facing the music.

Thanks! Yeah, they haven't been heard from since I demanded at least some form of reimbursement.

I play things nice, a bit too nice in most cases.

holy crap! i just caught up on this thread! you will NOT regret your AAZ! I love mine!
    if you have ANY questions or need photos or info or anything, holler! I just finished this swap up a few months ago.

+ Reply to Thread