Fine Tuning 1 - 728x90

monthly amount

why donate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 1976.5 Super Scirocco

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar

1976.5 Super Scirocco

Ok, since I have a thread ongoing on that *other* site, I better put it here as well.

Bought this car off Joey (DJM Joey) in June 2009. He had it sitting in a shipping container for several years, and did nothing with it. Everything that was molested on this car was done by the guy he bought it from. And there is/was a *LOT* that was molested. Ok, now for a picture dump.

How it sits right now:
    -Tyler-

everyone probably knows me by now girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood has a spectacular aura about girdwood's Avatar
    She's got potential! What are the plans?

saw in this car to help them stop it when rolling it down the driveway. First thing I'm told is "try to watch out for the hole in the floor"
    tell all of your local car enthusiast friends where the best place is to meet other local enthusiasts!
    PNWfahren Facebook Page - forum rules - FAQ - forum tips - what's new?

Lorit!
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw is just really nice twardnw's Avatar
    it's already lor'd
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Quote: Originally Posted by girdwood View Post
    She's got potential! What are the plans?
    Well, the plans started out with me wanting it as original as possible. Now, I think I am going more towards clean. Short-term though, I just want it to run!
    -Tyler-

Euro-Elitist Moderator VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus has a spectacular aura about VDubVirus's Avatar
    Quote: Originally Posted by twardnw View Post
    Well, the plans started out with me wanting it as original as possible. Now, I think I am going more towards clean. Short-term though, I just want it to run!
    I had/have the same exact goal for my new Mk2... rofl
    SOME PEOPLE ARE NARROW MINDED, OTHERS LIVE IN REALITY ~ EURO-ELITISM

l Arron lSPACE

make car go faster guy Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v is a jewel in the rough Rabbit 16v's Avatar
    Great potential, but man, I have so many things to say! This will take some time

It would be so nice if it could move under it's own power

(⌐■_■)
    bahahahaha, yeah, it was thoroughly molested by a PO. I have lots of work ahead of me :\
    -Tyler-

(⌐■_■)
    Quote: Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
    It would be so nice if it could move under it's own power
    it's actually really close now. Got the exhaust back on this evening. Need to drain the fuel tank, replace rear brake lines, re-install rear beam, and a few more odds-and-ends
    -Tyler-

Bumpers
    Gordy S
    MK1 Scirocco x 4

(⌐■_■)
    yeah, those too.

Got the exhaust finished, fuel drained, rear beam and brakes all back together.
    -Tyler-

man, I would kill for a front spoiler similar to that [like a kamei or the likes] for the caddy. not the usa gti one though.

(⌐■_■)
    I have that spoiler, it is for sale...
    -Tyler-

I wonder it that spoiler would work with the skirts you sold Sean?
    Gordy S
    MK1 Scirocco x 4

(⌐■_■)
    I wondered the same thing, but the spoiler is meant for a Rabbit, not Scirocco. Did not fit well.
    -Tyler-

I wondered the same thing, but the spoiler is meant for a Rabbit, not Scirocco. Did not fit well.
    Spoiler? Rabbit? This might be relevant to my interests

(⌐■_■)
    Unless you raise that thing a bunch, not a good idea. We test-fit it on the green bunny, there would have been a lot less spoiler quickly.
    -Tyler-

Unless you raise that thing a bunch, not a good idea. We test-fit it on the green bunny, there would have been a lot less spoiler quickly.
    It has to get raised. I can't get into the trailerpark where I live without scraping the oil pan because of the lousy speed bumps
    I'd rather save the undercarriage...

(⌐■_■)
    Well, if I still have it after you raise, you're more than welcome to test-fit again
    -Tyler-

Cool. I'll only raise it as little as I have to though

(⌐■_■)
    Gordy and Sean came over today and helped get the car running. Things left for me to do:
    • Replace hall sender
    • button up cooling system
    • figure out the alternator situation
    • rebuild master cylinder
    -Tyler-

Pretty damn awesome! Video or it didn't move under it's own power.
    I make pretty stuff
    www.twelvizm.com

(⌐■_■)
    can't run without a hall sender, we got it running using the distributor from Sean's car. And it didn't move yet, but it's much much closer
    -Tyler-

+ Reply to Thread